Xiaomi Smartphones — Steps To Unlock Bootloader!
We all know that Xiaomi devices come with a locked bootloader for safety but for some reason we want to unlock the bootloader of our Xiaomi device. Today, I will show you how you can easily unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi device.
First of all, this process will wipe all the data on your device. If you have something to backup then backup before you do it. Note: I have followed this guide on Redmi Note 8 & Poco X2 (Redmi K30) but you can follow this process to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi smartphone, which is running on MIUI 11.
Video Tutorial For POCO X2 (Redmi K30)
Video Tutorial For Redmi Note 8
If you don’t like the video, then continue reading.
Steps To Unlock The Bootloader:-
1) To start the process, You need to download ADB & Fastboot driver and Mi Flash Unlock Tool to start the process. You can use the below link to download all the files.
Once you downloaded all the files, extract them on your PC.
2) Go to the smartphone » Settings » Mi Account » Login » Xiaomi Cloud » Sync Your Data.
3) Settings » About Phone » Tap 7 times on MIUI Version to enable the Developer Options.
4) Additional Settings » Developer Options » Enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
5) Additional Settings » Developer Options » Mi Unlock Status » Click Agree » Enable Internet connection using the same mobile number, which is linked to your MI Account then click “Add account and device“.
6) Press and Hold Power + Volume Down button to boot the smartphone into the fastboot mode.
7) Connect the smartphone to the PC.
8) Install ADB Setup, If it’s not installed on your PC.
9) Open Mi Flash Unlock Tool Folder » Click “Mi Flash Unlock.exe” file to run it.
10) Login using the same account, which you used on your smartphone.
You will see the “Phone Connected” message, which means the smartphone is successfully connected to the PC. If you cannot see the “Phone Connected” message then open Device Manager and check that the driver is installed on your PC or not.
11) Click Unlock » Unlock Anyway » Unlock Anyway Again.
Then, Mi Flash Unlock Tool will unlock your smartphone in a few seconds and your phone will start booting up into the system. If you are getting a wait time error then you can retry this process after the mentioned waiting period.
12) After booting up the phone, You will see “This Device is Unlocked” Message. You have to log in using the same account to access the phone.
Done, You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi Smartphone.
I hope you found this article helpful but, If you still have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. You can also subscribe to ShopAbroad YouTube Channel.