OUKITEL K10 Oreo — Steps To ROOT using Magisk & Install TWRP!
I had already written an article on this topic but that article may not work on the OUKITEL K10 Oreo version. So Today, I am writing a new guide. In this article, I will show you how you can root OUKITEL K10 Oreo using Magisk and install TWRP on it.
This guide is only for OUKITEL K10, So don’t try this on other smartphones. And before starting the process, backup all the data from your smartphone because this process will wipe everything from the device.
If you don’t like the video, then continue reading.
OUKITEL K10 — Steps To Root & Install TWRP!
To start the process, you need to download ADB & Fastboot driver, OUKITEL K10 ROM, SP Flash Tool, TWRP Recovery and Magisk Manager for your smartphone. You can download all the files from here:
Once you downloaded all the files, extract them on your PC.
Step 1. Create a Patched Boot File
1) Copy ‘Magisk Manager APK‘ file from the downloaded file and paste it into the internal storage of your smartphone.
2) Copy ‘boot.img‘ file from the ROM folder and paste it into the internal storage of your smartphone.
3) Go to your smartphone and make sure it is connected to the internet. Then, Go File Manager » Internal Storage. Here you will see both the file, which you have pasted in the previous step.
4) Install Magisk Manager APK. Once installed, open it and click Install next to “Magisk is not Installed” message.
5) Click install again » Click Patch Boot Image File » Click Allow.
6) Select ‘boot.img‘ file from the internal storage then the app will start flashing. After a few seconds, you will see a message, “Patched image is Placed in Download folder.
7) Close the app and go to the internal storage again. Open Download Folder, Here you will see ‘magisk_patched.img‘ file. You need to copy this file into the ROM folder in your PC.
8) Go back to the PC and connect your smartphone to the PC. Then, Go to the smartphone’s internal storage and copy ‘magisk_patched.img‘ file from the download folder and paste it into the ROM folder in your PC.
Step 2. Unlock The Bootloader
1) Install, ADB & Fastboot Driver on your PC.
2) Now, you need to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Smartphone. To do this, Go to Settings » About Phone » Tap 7 Times on Build Number » Go Back » Developer Options then enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging then insert the Type-C cable to connect your smartphone.
3) Now Go back to PC and open Fastboot folder then hold the shift button and right-click on any of the empty space of that folder then click Open Command Window Here.
4) Type ‘adb devices’. If the driver is successfully installed on your PC then you will see your device in the list and You will also get allow USB debugging notification on your smartphone. Select Always allow from this computer in your smartphone and click OK.
5) Type ‘adb reboot bootloader’. This command will reboot your smartphone into Fastboot mode.
6) Type ‘fastboot devices’ to confirm that your device is still connected to your PC.
7) Type ‘fastboot oem unlock’ Then you will see a message on your smartphone. Press Volume UP on your smartphone to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader of your smartphone.
8) Disconnect your smartphone from PC and Turn on the smartphone. Turning on will take a few minutes because unlocking the bootloader has wiped everything from the smartphone.
Step 3. Root & Install TWRP
1) Open SP Flash Tool folder in the PC then double click on the ‘flash_tool.exe‘ file to run it.
2) Click Choose to select the scatter-loading file. Go to the ROM folder, Select ‘MT6763_Android_scatter.txt‘ and click Open.
3) Unselect all the files and just select ‘boot.img‘ file. Then double click on the location of ‘boot.img‘ file. Select ‘magisk_patched.img’ file, which you pasted in the first step and click open.
4) Click the Download button. Now, Turn off your smartphone and connect it to the PC via USB Cable.
Windows 10 PC with an internet connection will automatically detect your smartphone then SP Flash tool will install the ‘magisk_patched.img’ file in a few seconds. If SP Flash Tool is not detecting your smartphone then you can install MediaTek Driver and try again.
5) After the process, you will see a Download OK message, which means you have successfully rooted the smartphone.
6) Now, We will install TWRP on the smartphone so back to the smartphone and Press the Volume UP and Power button to boot it into the fastboot mode. It will take 30-40 seconds so Keep pressing both the buttons.
7) Select Fastboot using the Volume UP button then press the Volume Down button to confirm it.
8) Connect the smartphone to the PC and Go back to the PC again. Copy ‘recovery.img‘ file from the downloaded file and paste it inside Fastboot folder.
9) Hold the shift button and right-click on any of the empty space of that folder then click Open Command Window Here.
10) Type ‘fastboot devices‘ to check that the smartphone is still connected to the PC or not.
11) If you can see your smartphone in the list then type ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img‘. This will install TWRP in few seconds.
12) Disconnect the smartphone then press and hold the Volume UP and Power button to boot it into the TWRP recovery. It will take 30-40 seconds so Keep pressing both the buttons.
13) Select Recovery using the Volume UP button then press the Volume Down button to confirm it. After that, Your smartphone will boot into the TWRP recovery in few seconds.
14) Once your smartphone booted into the TWRP recovery, Press back button because nobody knows the password.
15) Wipe the data from the TWRP app otherwise you will see 0MB in the internal storage.
16) Reboot the smartphone, It will take a few minutes because TWRP has wiped everything from the smartphone.
17) Open Magisk Manager App, You have wiped everything from TWRP so you will get a message. Click Yes to download and install required files then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Done, You have successfully installed TWRP and Rooted your UMIDIGI One Smartphone.
I hope you found this article helpful but, If you still have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. You can also subscribe to ShopAbroad YouTube Channel.