How to Open Dispute and Claim Full Refund on AliExpress
If you have not received your order from AliExpress’s seller and you want to claim the full refund OR The product you received did not match the item description or the received product is damaged and you don’t know how to get the full refund. Then Read This Article!
In this article, I will share some important things which you should know before opening dispute on AliExpress and I will also show you step by step process to open dispute & claim the full refund on AliExpress.
You can get the refund in multiple ways, For Example:-
- Full Refund: If the product is cheap then you can contact the seller or open dispute to get the full refund. But, If the product is costly then the seller will ask you to send a video proof to give you the full refund.
- Partial Refund: You purchased a smartphone worth $200 and you received that smartphone in working condition but the charger is defective/not-working. In that case, You can request for the partial refund.
- Keep Current Product and Get New Product: You purchased a case for your smartphone and received the damaged case. In that case, Seller can offer you a new piece. If you’ll agree then He’ll ship your product and also increase the purchase protection time.
- Replacement: You purchased a tablet worth $300 and you received a defective/damaged tablet. In that case, Seller can request you to return that tablet to their address and then they will ship your new piece. Note: Receiving a costly product in defective/damaged/not-working condition is a rare case because they check every product before shipment and pack it very safely.
How to gather evidence to prove your claim?
Normally, You can take clear photos or record a video to prove your claim. But, You can also send a message about your problem to the seller before opening a Dispute. If you’ll receive a reply then this means the seller wants to solve your problem.
But, If you won’t receive a reply then you can use chat’s screenshot as proof. And, You can mention in dispute description that, I tried to contact the seller but I haven’t received a reply from him even after 3 days(or a week). Note: Most of the time I try to contact supplier or seller via message and this works for me.
When can I open a dispute?
As per the AliExpress, You can open a dispute on the 11th day after the shipment and within 15 days after the order finished. But, It’s better to open a dispute after the end of purchase protection time or after 60 days of shipment or after the end of the mentioned delivery time on the product page.
Note: Once I had purchased a product from AliExpress and opted for AliExpress Standard Shipping but the seller had shipped my product using China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus, which isn’t trackable outside China. That’s why I had opened the dispute instantly after the shipment and AliExpress canceled it. Then I opened dispute again after 60 days and got the full refund.
How To Open Dispute & Claim Full Refund?
1) Sign into your AliExpress account » My Orders » Locate Your Order » Click Open Dispute.
2) Once you will click open dispute, it will view the order detail like below image. Then select the product from the list for which you want to file a claim and click Open Dispute again.
3) Then Select ‘Refund Only’ or ‘Return Goods’ depending on your condition. Usually, I select ‘Refund Only’ because returning a product is not easy.
- Refund Only means that either you did not receive the item(or received damaged item) and you’re applying for a full refund or you did receive the item but you’re not fully satisfied with the product and you want a partial refund (without having to send the item back).
- Return Goods means that you want to return the item and apply for a full refund.
4) Fill all the required details and click Browse to upload pictures or click Add Video to upload video as proof. Note: You can upload pictures up to 2MB in size and Video should not be bigger than 500 MB.
5) Then Click Submit and wait for the seller’s reply. Note: Previously, We used to escalate the dispute, if the seller is not solving the problem. But now, AliExpress has changed the rule, If you and seller can’t come to an agreement or If the seller will not reply you within 3 days after opening the dispute then AliExpress will automatically step in and help you.
6) Then Seller/AliExpress will give you a proposal, If you’re happy with the proposal then Accept it otherwise Reject it. You can also upload extra evidence and edit the dispute(to modify comments on the proposal).
- Sometimes, I rejected Seller’s proposal but I haven’t rejected AliExpress’s proposal till now. So, I cannot tell you what will happen next if you’ll reject AliExpress’s proposal.
- Once you accepted the proposal, your dispute will be finished and you’re not allowed to make any changes to your refund request.
I hope you found this article helpful but, If you still have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. You can also subscribe to ShopAbroad YouTube Channel.